This is the blog of Gloucestershire Archives, the public archives service for Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire.
Why are you blogging?
We’ve started this blog so we can tell you more about some of the work we do and the collections we hold. Over the coming months we’ll be writing about some of the exciting things we’re involved in – both with the public and behind the scenes – from a range of different perspectives.
We’re planning to post at least once every fortnight, for at least twelve months. We hope you’ll be able to join us during our journey.
Our primary focus will obviously be on Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire, but our collections and activities are wide-ranging, so do use the tags and categories to explore all that we’re writing about – we’re sure you’ll find something to interest you!
Can I comment on blog posts?
Yes. We very much hope that you’ll want to comment on our posts and we’ll do our best to reply in a timely manner, during our normal working hours. Your first comment will be held automatically for moderation while we check that you’re a genuine human being, and not an automated spamming programme, but afterwards you should be able to comment whenever you wish without unnecessary delays. Comments containing multiple links will automatically be held for checking as well.
To ensure that this blog remains a friendly environment for all, please be mindful of the following ‘house rules’:
- Be respectful of others
- Stay on topic and do not upload anything unrelated to the post you’re commenting on
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or unnecessarily provocative (this includes swearing and comments that may be considered obscene or vulgar)
- Do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- Do not post any personal information – including sensitive information, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details – relating either to you, or to other people
- Do not promote any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion.
We won’t edit users’ comments but we reserve the right to remove any submissions that breach our ‘house rules’. If a comment you’ve sent through doesn’t appear on the site and you don’t understand why, please email us at email@example.com. Equally, if you feel a comment is inappropriate, for any reason, please do let us know and we will investigate.
I want to ask a family history question or pre-order a document – can I do that here?
No. This blog is a place for us to discuss particular aspects of our work in detail, not a replacement for our normal website and procedures. If you want to find out more about pre-ordering documents, visiting us, community projects or any of the other work we do please go to www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/archives.
Thank you for your support.